Sunday 19 March 2017

Happy Floral Manicure

Hi again,
We've had some lovely sunny days this week, I spotted the first daisy of the year sitting pretty in my lawn. That and the smell of fresh cut grass inspired me to paint a bright cheerful mani. Such a shame it's tipping down with rain today!
This type of nail art is really simple, you just need a dotting tool and your choice of at least 3 colours of polish.

I used
Astor Cosmetics Quick N GO! in number 326 for the base (green)
Rimmel London UK Lasting Finish in Cute as a Kitten Heel (yellow)
Nail Art in I Live in an Igloo (white)


Firstly I painted 2 coats of the green base coat to all but my ring fingers, for these I used the yellow polish.
When dry I began the flowers... drip a small amount of white onto my nail mat (you can use foil), the flowers are made up of 5 dots joined together. You can practice on a piece of paper first. I did have to regularly renew the white as it dries fairly quick and becomes gloopy.
When the white dots are dry, I applied the same technique with using the yellow, placing a single dot in the centre of the flowers.
Next the ring fingers - I used the dotting tool and placed random green and white dots half way up the nail.
Wait for the dots to dry completely before applying top coat to prevent smudging.


I really love the look of this design, it's come out just as I imagined. The colours work well together.
I hadn't used Astor Nail Polish until now. The formula has great coverage, the brush is lovely and wide, making it a dream to apply the polish. It goes on smoothly in just one or two strokes, I will be buying more for sure!

Base Coat - OPI Nail Envy Original
Top Coat - Seche Vite

I hope you've enjoyed this quick blog, see you all soon lovelies...

Jenny x

*Items used are my own


#nailart #floralnailart #dottynails #pantone2017 #nails #nailsoftheday

No comments:

Post a Comment

LENA Gel Effect Nail Polish

Hello Lovelies, Thank you for dropping by, I’ve been trying out a new Gel Effect Polish over the past 10 days from LENA Nails.  LENA ...