Saturday 25 February 2017

Blobbicure - Nail Art

Hi Lovelies,
I'm attempting a Blobbicure today...
I came across this form of nail art on Instagram. There's lots of great pics and video tutorials on there from some very talented ladies.

My choice of polishes are:-
Barry M Gelly in Black Forest for the base
Models Own Holochrome in Polychromatic (blue)
Models Own Holochrome in Nacreous (purple)


I applied a base coat of OPI Nail Envy and 1 thin coat of Black Forest.
The next step must be done one nail at a time.
Apply a coat that's slightly thicker than usual, then immediately drop your chosen colours in blobs using the tip if your brush in whatever pattern you like. This can be planned beforehand or at random.
You will see the drops spread and level in with the base colour. If you are too slow with this stage the base begins to set, preventing the colours from spreading.
It took around 30 minutes before the polish was touch dry enough to apply a top coat. I used Seche Vite.

OK - The result is not as I wanted!
I realised that I was too slow dropping the colours on my 1st pinky nail, the polish started to dry and I ended up with dots!
Then I dropped a bit too much on other nails. Now that I've recognised these mistakes, hopefully my next attempt at a Blobbicure it will be improved.
I love the colour mix, and look forward to trying the Holochromes in a mani.


Have you tried this type of nail art?
I'd love to see your pics, you can email me at paintedbypinky@gmail.com
or tag me on Twitter or Instagram @paintedbypinky
Follow my blog on Bloglovin - Paintedbypinky!

Until next time,
Jenny x

*Products used are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

LENA Gel Effect Nail Polish

Hello Lovelies, Thank you for dropping by, I’ve been trying out a new Gel Effect Polish over the past 10 days from LENA Nails.  LENA ...