Monday 31 October 2016

Spiders Webs - Classy Halloween!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
🕷Happy Halloween to all you Ghoulishly Gorgeous People🕷

I couldn't let this Spooky Celebration go by without doing some sort of themed nails!
I'm going to be brave, sharing a stamping design I did yesterday. I had second thoughts about publishing this because it's the first time I've stamped every nail. I'm modestly satisfied but it could have been better!
Stamping certainly hasn't come easy for me but now I've got the right tools I'm getting there. All I need now is lots of practice!

I started with a base coat, then painted on 1 coat of OPI 'Got the Blues for Red'.

Next I dripped some Nail Art 'To Infinity & Beyond' onto a piece of shiny card. Using a small sponge dab the sponge into the black and randomly apply lightly over the red to give a smudged effect.

Then comes the stamping (eek), for this I used Born Pretty Plate L057, Clear Jelly Big Bling Stamper which is Fantastic, and their Scraper. You also need Nail Polish remover to clean stamp plate between stamps & a Lint Roller for cleaning stamper.

Paint a small amount of Polish onto your chosen design, scrape to fill in the etched pattern at a 45 degree angle with your scraper.
Now very quickly & confidently, press your stamper onto the stamp plate to transfer the design.
You don't have to be as quick with the next step, so give yourself chance to line up the patten to your nail. This is where 'Big Bling' comes into its own... it's clear enabling you to look into it to see exactly what your doing.
Press onto nail and clean up any bits from around your cuticles with a brush and nail polish remover. Repeat until you are finished then top coat - Voila
A Classy take on Halloween Nails...

I chose a 🕷Spiders Web🕷 design and OPI's 'Press for Silver' for my fingers. For my thumb a Twisted Tree & A Bat...


There are lots of great YouTube videos showing how to stamp but the best way is to play around stamping onto paper to see what works for you.
Good tools are a must! This is my first time using a Born Pretty plate, it worked well.
Moyou London are very good brand, their plates are well etched and polishes work well.
Be careful buying from eBay, my first plates weren't genuine, etching wasn't deep enough, lots of failures and disappointment.

I hope I've encouraged some of you to give Stamping a try, it's a fun way of changing your nails, with so many options/styles available, the possibilities are endless.

Right I'm off to fill my 🎃Trick or Treat🎃 bowl with Haribo Minis & Lollies in preparation for the door knocking later! BOO 👻

Have a Spooktastic Night,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

LENA Gel Effect Nail Polish

Hello Lovelies, Thank you for dropping by, I’ve been trying out a new Gel Effect Polish over the past 10 days from LENA Nails.  LENA ...