Sunday 20 November 2016

PS... Nail Polish Review

So here we have... The 80p Nail Polish! Yep you read correctly 80p!

PS Nail Polish is Primark's Own Brand. I've read lots about Primark Beauty Products, via Bloggers hauls and Instagram pics. With my local store being quite small, they only sell a limited range and I've never spotted much that interested me in the way of Beauty!
Then whilst shopping last week I spotted a few colours of their polish! Ahh the excitement, much smiling and delving in!

Into my basket went the darkest of Blues called Midnight Ink, which I've tried out to show you...
The bottle is a chunky rectangular shape with a large plastic lid, it looks a little big to paint with!
Oh but wait, it actually removes to reveal a small circular lid that looks more comfortable to hold!
Truthfully the top design wasn't really a surprise to me, it's very close in design to high end Nail Polish Brand Nails Inc (which I Love).
The brush is wide just as I like, making polish easy to apply. There's quite a different smell to this, very strong, not pleasant, I opened the window!
The formula applied well on the first two nails, then started to thicken and drag a bit. I replaced the top more often than I usually would and rolled to mix.
The 1st coat dried fairly quickly, it needed a 2nd to cover some streaking.
When dry the polish gave a smooth sheer look, not particularly glossy.
Top coat sorted that out!


I did get some chipping on the edge of nails on 2nd day.
As with most dark colours, staining was bad, use a base coat to prevent staining the nails. You'll see after cleanup my nails still have some staining, why is it when working with dark colours I make more mistakes!
Staining applies to most Polish Brands.


My overall opinion is a lovely looking manicure, perfect for a weekend.
For 80p it's the best bargain I've picked up in a long time.
Great Value for girls on a tighter budget just starting to build up a collection of colours.
I will use other PS Nail Polishes...

I used:-
OPI - Nail Envy Original for Base Coat
Leighton Denny - Crystal Finish Top Coat

Keep warm till next time
Jenny x

*Products used are my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LENA Gel Effect Nail Polish

Hello Lovelies, Thank you for dropping by, I’ve been trying out a new Gel Effect Polish over the past 10 days from LENA Nails.  LENA ...